MoonArra, a 4 member World Jazz Indian Classical Fusion ensemble, means “Three Streams.
The lietmotif of all our lives is our quest and fascination for beautiful sounds that emanate world over, how sounds travelled from Northern India in the 13th century, journeyed thru Persia, Morocco even up to Andalucian Spain.
Formed in 2006, our collective upbringing in Carnatic and Hindustani classical, the rhythmic and harmonic quality of jazz and a thousand other songs that we’ve grown up with and meeting with diverse artists, languages and styles, a celebration of the human spirit.
It is a journey that has no destination.
We are a world fusion band on a mission to discover ourselves through our music and also other artists we meet everywhere.
International festival performances:
- Tanjazz 2015
- World Jazz day Goa in May 2013 and 2014
- The Art Escape International jazz fest Goa in Nov 2013
- Delhi Jazz Festival on Mar 17 2012
- Madfest in Ooty on April 5th 2012
- Asiabeat Anthology Launch in KL Malaysia in Dec 2012
- Fireflies festival 2011
- Bengaluru Habba 2006-2011
- Bangkok Jazz Festival 2010
- Fete De La Musique 3 city tour in India 2010
- Invited by internationally renowned drummer Lewis Pragasam to perform at the inaugural of Little India by PM Dr. Manmohan Singh in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia in Oct 2010.
- Java Jazz Festival in Indonesia 2009
- Indigo & Blues International Jazz festival 2007
Currently MoonArra’s debut album ‘Indian Accent‘ has been released in India and has been reviewed in the Hindu, Times of India and also by World Music Central based in North Carolina, USA.